To ensure that results are specific to a patient we require the patient’s full name and date of birth as minimum requirements for specimen labeling. Date and time of specimen collection are also required to ensure proper specimen integrity and record keeping. To help minimize rejections at the lab, please ensure that all specimens are properly labeled with all required patient information.
Articles in this section
- What information MUST be on a specimen label so it will not be rejected?
- If I’m submitted for a test, will my medical information be kept confidential, and how can I get access to it?
- Do you store patient specimens for later testing/retesting if needed?
- How are test results communicated?
- How is testing ordered?
- How long does it take to get test results?